Our Charges for Bringing Unfair Dismissal or Wrongful Dismissal Claims
The provision of advice and representation to employees in relation to the bringing of claims before the employment tribunal against an employer for unfair or wrongful dismissal.
We charge £6,000.00 to £10,000.00 plus VAT on average for this type of work. This does not include a claim for automatic unfair dismissal for ‘whistleblowing’, which is a more complex claim. Our charges on average for this type of unfair dismissal claim are likely to be between £15,000 and £20,000 plus VAT.
This estimate is just an average price based on recent instructions; the actual cost to you will depend on a number of factors, which we will discuss with you if you decide to instruct us. The vast majority of tribunal cases settle before a full merits hearing, which means that our total charges could be much less.
The charge is based on our hourly rate of £210.00. We do not offer fixed fees for this type of work.
There may be other costs on top. These are fees and charges we will need to pay on your behalf as part of the employment tribunal process, such as Counsel’s fees and expert witness fees. Counsel’s fees are likely to be between £1,500.00 and £3,500.00 plus VAT on average, where relevant.
Depending on the outcome of the hearing, in normal cases the expectation is that the losing party will pay the majority of these costs. However, this may not be possible and if not, you will remain liable for any outstanding costs and charges.
Our fees are given on the assumption that there are no other claims (e.g. discrimination) involved in your case, which may have the effect of increasing the time involved, and thus the cost.
Do bear in mind, that you may have other sources from which you could claim our costs, e.g. an insurance policy, or a trade union. We will check this with you if you decide to instruct us.
Your tribunal claims will be handled by Henry Doswell, a Senior Solicitor with over 16 years’ experience in employment tribunal litigation.
Henry Doswell is supported by a Personal Assistant with over 30 years’ experience as an administrator and secretary.
We understand the stress and urgency involved in dealing with employment tribunal claims. The work we will carry out will involve:
- Assessing the merits and value of your unfair or wrongful dismissal claim – approximately 2-4 days
- Reviewing and considering the paperwork – approximately 1 week
- Entering into ACAS pre-claim conciliation (where necessary) – varies but approximately 1 month thereafter
- Dealing with the submission of your tribunal claim to the employment tribunal – approximately 2 weeks
- Exploring and/or negotiating settlement – varies but approximately 2 weeks
- Preparing a schedule of loss – approximately 2-4 days
- Agreeing disclosure documentation with the other side – varies but approximately 1 month
- Preparing witness statements – varies but approximately 2 weeks
- Instructing counsel (where necessary) – approximately 1 week
- Attendance at full merits hearing – varies but approximately 1-3 days
- Consequent attendance to ensure the judgement is implemented – varies but approximately 1 week
Obviously, our fees do not include any external costs and charges that may be incurred as part of the process (e.g. adverse cost awards or other liabilities). You will also be responsible for these items.
We hope you will instruct us to handle your employment tribunal claim. We always offer a FREE, no obligation telephone consultation with you to assess your employment law requirements followed by a reduced fixed fee meeting to provide you with specific advice and support.
Offices and meeting rooms
Other employee services
We also provide advice and representation in the following areas:
- Employee rights and general advice
- Advising on and negotiating settlement agreements
- Acting for senior executives
- Dealing with grievances and appeals
- Defending against disciplinary action
- Bullying and harassment claims
- Discrimination claims
- Whistleblowing claims
Employment tribunal representation
Employment tribunal representation is normally charged at our standard hourly rate. We always provide a clear estimate of our charges at the start of the case and keep you regularly updated.
Our charges for employment tribunal representation may be covered by legal expenses insurance (LEI). It can normally be found in your home contents insurance policy or car insurance policy or through your bank.
It is important to note that legal expenses insurers will usually refer you to their preferred firm of solicitors. You have the right, however, to choose your own solicitor to represent you in the employment tribunal. We have considerable experience of dealing with legal expenses insurers on behalf of individuals. We will aim to ensure that funding is provided at the earliest possible stage of the employment tribunal proceedings.
Make A Free Enquiry Now.
Please contact Henry Doswell on 01233 722942, complete a Free Online Enquiry or email him at email@example.com for an initial no-obligation discussion.